Greek salad is traditionally served as a side. However, in larger portions, and perhaps with some added proteins, it stands its ground as a healthy, hearty meal. And because there are generally no tender greens in this salad, it’s a good one to make ahead of time to bring to a picnic or potluck.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper (or other colour peppers to your liking), deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled*
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cucumber, onion, tomato, green pepper, and olives.
- Pour the dressing over the salad veggies and gently toss.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the top, and then add another pinch of dried oregano to finish it off.
- For some added flavour, garnish with a mint leaf.
- Taste test for seasoning, and it’s ready to serve. Enjoy!
* Chickpeas make a great vegan alternative to the feta cheese, or you can even include them with the cheese for added protein.